September 28, 2008

We Got A Climber

Well...we're still not walking, but we are definitely getting closer. She has been practicing letting go and standing alone and is getting better and better everyday. Just last Sunday I watched her stand straight up from a sitting position without holding on to anything. Then later that evening she was holding onto my leg and when I walked off she just kept standing there so pretty, so tall and so strong. My heart started racing as I knelt down in front of her and said "Well, come on...walk to Mommy." Deep down I was thinking "No, not yet, your growing too fast. Slow down!"
Then she slowly sat down and chose her alternative mode of mobilization - crawling. Thank gosh, I'm just not ready for her to walk yet, that's TOO big of a step.

Just within the last couple of weeks Ella has blossomed so much - she is so interested in learning and experimenting with anything she can get her hands (or toes) on. She is climbing onto and into EVERYTHING! It cracks me up; it seems like every time I turn my head she is hanging head first into a laundry basket,a drawer, a box or even the toilet. She is incredibly nosy, unpleasantly impatient, and completely spoiled rotten or as her Meme says "S-P-O-I-L-T!"
Oh the joy of kids, what would we do without them?








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sure miss that little toot! COME SPEND THE WEEKEND WITH ME!!!!