October 5, 2008

Snotty Nose? Clear It Up...


I don't know if it's just that time of year, or if Ella is completely full of snot because she is teething - most likely, it's a combination of both! They poor little thing constantly has a river of thick, yellow, yucky snot pouring out of her nose. And like I said in a previous post, the respiratory therapist in me HAS to get it out. But, just recently my mom found this wonderful bath product to your left...Johnson's Soothing Vapor Bath. It is so wonderful and for the rest of you mommy's out there, I will tell you why:

1.) Squirt a little bit in the bath tub while you are drawing a bath for your little one and the menthol aroma just from the water clears their little sinuses so much.

2.) Use A LOT of the soap on your wash cloth when you wash them and it really, really clears their sinuses and loosens the congestion in their chest.

3.) Mommy gets her sinuses cleared too while bathing baby!

4.) When you squirt the soap in the water...you get bubbles!
5.) When you get bubbles, you get bubble beards!

6.) There is nothing cuter than a little heinnie (OK, I don't actually know how to spell that) butt sticking out of the bubbles!

To finish this up, Ella had her 1st full day at the Hostyn church picnic today. She had so much fun and her feet never hit the ground - no wonder she's still not walking. I of course packed her stroller and pack & play thinking she could play in there while Daddy was making sauerkraut, and Mommy was working at the auction. Yeah right! She had plenty of babysitters, especially her cousin Becca. By the end of the day she was filthy, covered with dirt from head to toe; buggers crusted all over her nose and face to say the least; and a little balloon painted on her arm (thanks Aunt Linda!) When I got done working, I took Ella over to the dance floor and all it took was 2 waltz's and she was out! Forget the pack & play, she took about a 20 minute nap in a bag chair, but hey - whatever works right? I'd say from the looks of it, she had a successful day of fun at the picnic!
As she screamed all the way home - I started digging in her diaper bag only to find that there were still the same amount of bottles there that I packed when I left the house. The poor kid hadn't eaten all day! To protect the innocent, I did try to feed her before I had to start working but she wasn't interested, but still...I felt so bad.
Well, she is still alive and she is tucked safely in her bed with a full tummy, clear nose and menthol scented hair. So rest easy everyone, and have a wonderful week!

No comments: