
While Neal was in class Ella and I didn't really do much besides hang around the hotel. I was a little uncomfortable driving around that city alone considering there were 2 cars broken into at our hotel and that there were more stories on the Columbus News about homicides or missing children than you would see here in a year. We did go to a park on the "nice" side of town and played for a couple of hours. We met a real live Nanny who was taking care of 2 kids there at the park so we joined with them and played, played, played!We went to a water park one afternoon after Neal's class and went round and round the lazy river and played in the wave pool. And the next evening Neal took us to "America's Favorite Zoo" so they say. It really was the nicest zoo I have ever been to. All the animals were out and interacting with each other, or in the gorilla's case, the people sitting around staring at them. They had the best Monkey exhibit! Monkeys everywhere...and Ella LOVED it!!! She calls them monkoos, it's pretty darn cute! The other thing I thought was so cool about that zoo was that there were a couple exhibits that you could actually walk around with the animals, like the kangaroos...see:
They of course had a petting zoo, which I was surprised Ella actually wanted to pet the goats.
We really had to rush through since we got there so late in the day, but we did stop to ride the carousel. I know this picture, along with all the rest are pretty terrible, but I didn't feel like packing along my "big" camera so it is what it is!!!
I think what we all enjoyed the most about the entire trip was just the time we got to spend with each other. Its such a shame all the crap we have to do when we're at home! We should just get to play all the time! I will leave you with a few pictures of us just hanging out lovin life! 

OK...so maybe not so much lovin life in this one, but hey we can't be happy ALL the time!








No comments:
Post a Comment