August 21, 2008

Can't Somebody Slow Down The Time?


O-kay, so I know it sounds trite, but where has the time gone? My baby was 10 months old last weekend! It seems like I just gave birth this morning! (I said seems like, not feels like.) For those of y'all who don't already know the story of how little bit got here, I 'll give you a quick recap.

I went in for a "growth scan" ultrasound (I think Dr. Juno was thinking the baby was a little small) right after I clocked out from work on a Monday at 5 pm. The ultrasound tech looked forever, then finally asked me if I was leaking fluid. "Leaking fluid...how would I know?" Now that I think of it, that was a pretty stupid question, but I was nervous what can I say. So anyways Dr. Juno said I might as well just waddle across the hall and hop into a bed in the birthing center and plan to stay the night b/c my amniotic fluid was low. She said I was more than likely just dehydrated and she wanted to re-hydrate me with IV fluids throughout the night then recheck me in the morning and hopefully send me home. Well, long story short, I was pumped full with fluids, drank water till my eye balls were floating, pissed all night just to find out that my fluid level was exactly the same in the morning. So here comes Dr. Juno all chirpy saying "well, were gonna have a baby today!" Strangely, I wasn't all that nervous, I can't say the same for my mother, but that's another story. Well, Dr. Juno forgot to mention all the other fun stuff I had to do before I could start pushing. I had to wear a Cervidil (I'm sure that's misspelled) which is basically like a tampon used to thin your cervix, for 12 hours. Without going into details, it sucked! They told me if it came out we had to start all over. When that was over they started the pitocin to start my contractions. So, to sum it up, after all of the "pre-pushing" stuff, I didn't dilate and start pushing until Wednesday around 8:25 pm. Then the next thing you know, walla 8:42 pm - welcome the love of my life! I left out that I got my epidural early Wednesday morning and never felt a single contraction! It was so easy, but don't worry I know I was lucky and I'm so grateful for that.

Alright, so maybe that wasn't all that quick of a recap...sorry!

Back to time flying, I have been reminded daily by my CRAZY German neighbor that Ella will be 1 before we know it. She has also been reminding me that we HAVE to throw a big party, which she HAS to be invited to. If the next 2 months go by as fast as the last 10, I guess I better get to planning. So if anybody wants to meet the crazy German neighbor, and believe me you do, then come on over to the birthday bash! I'm sure she will steal the show!
I'm not done yet...I have posted Ella's 9 month photos on our Shutterfly website. Open it if you dare, there are lots of pictures. I think I'm obsessed! http://thejanaceks.shutterfly.com

1 comment:

Marissa said...

I loved the pictures! My favorite ones were the black and white ones taken in the tub. Those looked so cute! I also liked the outdoor tub pictures!