July 17, 2008

Weekend Review...Kind of Late!

Well, the wedding has finally come and gone & it was a beautiful day! Sequoya looked beautiful & wore an absolutely gorgeous dress & Shawn looked handsome as well. Let me tell you how the day played out with Ella. I thought I had everything all planned out perfectly so that Ella would have had lunch & a nap at just the right time so that she would be in a good mood for her big debut. Ha Ha! It completely back fired on me! I took her to my mom's house that morning while I was getting my hair done and all that other "fluffy wedding stuff." I asked my Mom to bath her and feed her an early lunch, but not to let her go to sleep before I got there to pick her up. I thought she would go to sleep on the way to the church around noon, and sleep until close to 2 p.m. when the wedding started. Well, she did fall asleep on the way, but she woke up right when we got into the church. She was fine until the rather heavy photographer stepped on her tiny little fingers. After that it was all over with. She was so sleepy so I tried for an hour to get her to take at least a little cat nap before mass started but she wasn't having it. Anyways, she rode in the little wagon down the aisle and looked adorable and she behaved while we were sitting in the pew for a good while. Then came the part where they exchanged vows...that's when Ella decided to let everyone know she was there & was not happy about it. I'm talking throw her back out, head back, screaming fit! So she ended up in the cry room for a while needless to say, but all in all I think she did a wonderful job. I have a short little video of her riding in the wagon. We had a wonderful time at the wedding and we felt so honored to be a part of Shawn & Sequoya's day, but let me tell you, I am glad it is over. Now I can stop stressing about what I eat and worrying about getting that darn dress zipped! So congratulations Shawn & Sequoya...we love you!
By the way...Ella is the one in the front!


I'm not sure if it was something that happened at the wedding or what but Ella has decided that she should get up at least twice a night for about 2 hours at a time and play. Neal thinks she is possessed and quite frankly I'm starting to agree with him! She has learned to stand up in her crib now and she just thinks it is so much fun. So every night since the wedding she has been getting up for several hours of the night. She wakes up, stands up and screams bloody murder until she hears us getting out of bed - as soon as she ears us moving around, she stops. So when we open her door she is standing there with a smile as big as Texas waving bye bye at us. It is so stinkin' cute but sooo dang annoying when it's at 2 a.m. We have been trying to make her cry it out and go back to sleep on her own but that's not going so well. She had her 9 mo. check-up today so I wanted to make sure that nothing was wrong with her like an ear infection or something I was missing, but after that it's on baby! She will definitely be crying herself to sleep next week.

Like I said, she had her check-up today and everything looks perfect. She weighed in at 16.7 lbs. which puts her in the 12th percentile for weight and is 27.5 in. long & in the 40th percentile for length. Dr. Blackwell assured me that there is no need to worry about her crooked toes, he said they should straighten out with time. I think they're kind of cute anyways!

Well here is a video of her getting up in her bed & a few pictures from the wedding...and by the way the mobile that she is eating is no longer there!



No comments: